Our Results In The Midlands
- 98% of participants stated they plan to go to college
- 96% of participants said it is <//span>important to do well in school
- 97% of participants completed homework daily.
In our LINC/STAR Programs...
- 36 % of participants increased school attendance.
- 53% of participants improved their letter grade in language arts.
- 59% of participants improved their letter grade in math.
- 52% of participants improved their letter grade in reading
- 42% less likely to engage in sexual behavior by the age of 15*
- 24% less likely to use drugs/alcohol regularly*
- 20% less likely to use violence or carried a weapon in the past year*
*than their peers in Richland County (2005 South Carolina Kids Count)
Critical to Success
- An independent survey conducted by Louis Harris & Associates determined that “alumni view their experience with Clubs as highly positive, critical to their successes, and, for many, essential to their survival."
- More than half of the alumni stated that “…the Club really saved my life."
A Community Haven
- 95% of our Alumni stated that the Club was one of the best things available to kids in my community
- 65% of our alumni stated that the Club was the only place to go after school in my neighborhood.